Africa and Botswana
- a great camping and wildlife viewing site just 10 miles south of
Rhino Sanctuary -
the Khama family's gift to the world; preserving both black and white
- a World Heritage Site documenting the rise of civilization
in southern Africa; great wildlife too.
Cradle of Humankind
- another World Heritage Site documenting the rise of the human species
over 4 million years!
African Apartheid Museum
- it is necessary that we learn and understand so that we can all
Tanisha Eco Tours
- co-owner, Daniel Nunez offers guided nature and archeological tours
of Belize's rivers and forests. Great birding.
Ruby's Hotel -
in San Pedro Town, basic lodging for a great price in a "colonial
style" hotel, right on
the beach. Also has a cafe for fresh juice, coffee, and
in the morning.
Sea Spray Hotel
considered one of the best places to stay in Placencia for the
price. The owners and staff are great.
Parrot's Nest Lodge -
when you want to stay inland in Belize, this is the place.
Individual cabins and a great communal dining and social area.